Job Call: Operations Manager
Position: Operations Manager
Part-Time, In-Person –– Hourly (up to 20 hours/week at $25.00/hr)
Schedule is flexible, 2-4 days a week
Who We Are
The Bridge’s mission is “to bridge diverse communities through the arts.” We are a non-profit organization serving artists and thinkers whose goals are to share knowledge, challenge one another, and engage in the expression of creative ideas. We provide resources and programs to elevate and share these ideas and endeavors within the contemporary creative culture of the Charlottesville area; this includes materials, equipment, knowledge, infrastructure, and connections that support artists turning ideas into action.
Programming at the Bridge is central to our mission. We lead talks, workshops, meetings, performances, outreach, exhibitions, as well as other unconventional alternative arts programming, often collaborating or in partnership with artists and other organizations in the region. The Bridge serves as a laboratory for fostering ideas that understand and respond to social issues which results in stronger social ties and a more connected creative community.
The Bridge aims to host and facilitate spaces that include and empower individuals who have been historically denied access within mainstream art communities. The arts and adjacent industries have traditionally been exclusionary, and the Operations Manager plays a crucial role in developing and growing our community in ways that extend outside of what has remained tradition.
This position is ideal for someone who is interested in the arts and invested in their own creative community. We’re looking for someone who is excited about building new connections within the Charlotteville arts community and facilitating active community and gallery spaces. A key part to this role is finding someone who has a desire to expand the community in which The Bridge already engages with.
The Operations Manager will also support community and donor relations and guide efficient administrative efforts. This position requires someone who prioritizes planning and time management, is motivated to reach goals and deadlines, and is confident in their organization style.
Due to this position engaging with children, a background check will be completed upon hiring. This is an entirely in-person role.
Community Engagement and Gallery Management
- Create and maintain scheduled gallery hours and engage with community members
- Schedule meetings with prospective collaborators and brainstorm/discuss future programs
- Provide logistical support for community events and programs
- Assist Executive Director (ED) in managing intern and volunteer schedule
- Manage rental requests, equipment and supplies, and maintenance of all Bridge facilities
Finance and Development Support
- Organize invoices between artists/collaborators and HR
- Work with the ED to develop and assist with donation policies & procedures
- Produce donation reports as requested
- Create and send follow-up letters to donors and funders
- Assist ED and HR with mailing and general admin support during fundraising efforts
- Maintain supplies of letterhead, envelopes, and stamps
- Maintain donor and volunteer databases (currently Giftworks software)
- Assist ED with donor database data entry
- Add, update, and maintain contact information for current and prospective donors, funders, partners, volunteers, board members, former board members and city/county government staff and elected officials, and community leaders
- Assist with creating strategies for fundraising initiatives
- Compile accurate mailing and email lists for mailings and newsletters
- Communicate with board as needed
- Prepare items for ED in advance of board meetings as needed
Please submit a cv/resume and short cover letter describing your interest in this position email@example.com. Review of applications will begin September 21 and continue till position is filled.